In medieval times, Roumieu was the name used by...

Chateau Roumieu

In medieval times, Roumieu was the name used by the Moors to designate Christians and the place name Roumieu meant a thoroughfare for the pilgrims on their way to St. Jacques de Compostelle. This is where the "coquille St Jacques", or scallop shell on label commes from.Today only a few farm buildings and a well dating back to the eighteenth century remain. The "chai" or wine storehouse was built in 1896 by the Bordeaux architect Fargeaudoux and its technical and aesthetic qualities are worthy of interest - indeed it is a rare example of a wine building in the midst of the Sauternes vineyards.


12,00 € - 13,33 € *
Available immediately
Delivery time: 2 - 3 Workdays

Items 1 - 1 of 1